Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Pot scrubbie


For years we have used the pot scrubbers from Trader Joe's that have a sponge inside a wirey plastic cloth. They have gone the way of so many of my favorite things, no longer available. Since I already make our kitchen dishrags I was mulling over how to knit a scrubber from old plastic bags. We don't have many of those any more, we carry our own bags. But it suddenly occurred to me to try plastic lanyard.
Here is my test swatch I whipped out before dinner. I knit it with plastic lanyard held with a strand of sugar and cream cotton. I had to piece together a few lengths of the lanyard since our craft box only had scraps. The family will test it on the dishes for awhile and see how it works and holds up. I will keep you all posted.

1 comment:

ginaknits said...

What a terrific idea! I hope it works. I also use my own bags, but I also hoard the plastic bags that inevitably find their way into my house.