Wednesday, July 15, 2009

New grad ER nurse

I don't know if I can call myself an ER nurse yet, but today at the end of my interview for an ER position the nurse manager said to me, "I am very impressed with everything you've done and what we talked about today. The August group of new hires is full, but we have room in the September group if you would like the position." My ears did a double take, what! really?! You are willing to take a chance on me? wow, yes! It is a job in the ER in the hospital 6 blocks away from me. What could be better, my dream job! I am definitely doing the happy dance.

2 comments:

Yarnhog said...

Oh, that's fantastic news! Good for you! My brother in law is an ER nurse in the trauma center of a large hospital. It sounds like really interesting work.

ginaknits said...

Congrats! Congrats! Congrats! I've followed your nursing school career, and of its challenges. I know how disheartening the job search can be and how difficult it is to keep trying and applying. I hope the job is everything you hoped it would be. In the meantime, enjoy the lazy days of summer. You have certainly earned it.